Skip to main content
OpenID

News

  • ElkArte - Just Installed!

Topic: Automatic Humidity No Longer Working for Me (Read 109 times) previous topic - next topic

  • jmdeike
  • [*]
Automatic Humidity No Longer Working for Me
I have used the automatic humidity custom function this past winter, but ended up turning off my account this summer due to troubleshooting a Nest issue.  Now that I have logged back in and setup the Humidity Custom Function, it does not seem to be working. 

The humidity setting does not change from the current 35% that it's set at, no matter what the outside temp is.  I have the default settings for the humidity per outside temp. 

I also do not get any emails of settings changes, which is to be expected, as the humidity setting does not change.

See screenshots below of settings and Thermostat Status.
 
https://imgur.com/dnGVLFb

https://imgur.com/ga1QiTm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Automatic Humidity No Longer Working for Me
Reply #1
Automatic Humidity Control stopped working for me too. The last time it worked was October 27. No more notifications or humidity adjustments. I had to lower humidity manually. Please fix.

  • admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Automatic Humidity No Longer Working for Me
Reply #2
Hello,
We are currently having issues with the Custom options. It seems that nest may be restricting our ability to perform these functions for you. I am working on a fix. In the meantime if you can still manually login to save your usage history.

Re: Automatic Humidity No Longer Working for Me
Reply #3
I reported the same on the Nest forums yesterday and saw that you updated this thread today as I noticed it was still not working as well. I also noticed that around the same time that this function went down I stopped receiving emails about history data being saved even though it clearly has been. Not sure if it is related but just wanted to add that little info as well.

  • jmdeike
  • [*]
Re: Automatic Humidity No Longer Working for Me
Reply #4
It looks as though the issue is resolved, as it started working later this week.  Settings have been updating and I have been receiving the update emails.  Thank you for your help if there's something that you did on your end.