Skip to main content
OpenID

News

• ElkArte - Just Installed!

Topic: Nest name not displaying, showing a hex number instead (Read 317 times) previous topic - next topic

• mshilko
  • [*]
Nest name not displaying, showing a hex number instead
The application is not displaying my nest name, but instead displaying a hex number.  See attached doc.  A little help please.  I verified that I do have the nest named and even added a label to see if that would help, no luck.  Thanks.

• admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Nest name not displaying, showing a hex number instead
Reply #1
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out why nest doesn't always send the thermostat name in the API it's a common problem with 3rd gen thermostats and even some 2nd gens. Thanks for the patience while I check it out..

• mshilko
  • [*]
Reply #2
Thanks, appreciate  the quick reply and effort.  Awesome work man!

• mshilko
  • [*]
Reply #3
FYI: It is working now.  I did change the name earlier, not sure the exact timing or if relavent.

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out why nest doesn't always send the thermostat name in the API it's a common problem with 3rd gen thermostats and even some 2nd gens. Thanks for the patience while I check it out..

• mshilko
  • [*]
Reply #4
I figured it out.  When I create a "Custom Where" name, regardless of what it is, it displays the hex characters.  When I use one of the included stock names, it displays just fine.  The custom option is founds at the bottom of the where dropdown in the setting menu.